join us for a tour or book your event
The Mary Gay House can be rented in many different capacities such as Weddings Ceremonies, Wedding Receptions, Rehearsal Dinners, Birthday Parties, Baby and Bridal Showers, and Class Reunions. The home can accommodate up to 200 guests when the Simpson Room, Dining Room, Front Parlor and the newly renovated patio are used for your event.
Our rental rates are dependent on the date and length of your event. We pride ourselves on having no hidden fees or charges such as ceremony or holiday fees. The event is not officially booked until payment is received and contract signed.
All packages include:
- 1 hour walkthrough or ceremony rehearsal
- 100 chairs
- 10 60 inch round tables
- 3 eight foot tables
- 5 Highboy tables
- 1 four foot table
This list is intended for planning purposes only. We do our best to provide up-to-date accurate information; however, the Mary Gay House does not guarantee the condition or availability of any equipment on this list.
- Additional time may be purchased at $250/hour ($150/hr Weekday Daytime).
- The downstairs may be purchased for an additional $150.
- All preferred caterers can be used with no additional fees. All other caterers must be approved for a one-time event at $150.
- Additional walkthroughs or ceremony rehearsal time may be purchased at $100/hour.
- Refundable security deposit of $500.00 is due at time of reservation with the signed contract. The separate rental fee is due sixty days prior to rental date.
- Any event that ends after midnight must have security hired for the entire event time.
- 25% Refund of Security Deposit if canceled in writing more than six months (180 days) in advance of the scheduled rental date.
- No Refund of Security Deposit or Rental Fee if canceled in writing less than six months or less in advance of the scheduled rental date.
The Mary Gay House offers free parking on both sides of West Trinity Place and additional parking across the street from the Mary Gay House at St. Thomas More Church. Please observe parking signs posted by the City of Decatur. The driveway of the Mary Gay House is traditionally reserved for Catering vehicles.
Click here to see our preferred list of caterers which may be used at no additional cost. You may select a caterer of your own for an additional fee, but they must be approved, provide a copy of their certificate of liability and local business license 60 days in advance of your rental date.